Its A Boy's Life

Its A Boy's Life

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Its Just a Word..

Autism... Its a word that I have dreaded for two years. Literally it made my stomach clench and flip over. But I think that I have suspected it would impact us for a while. Last Friday, one of my worst fears as a Mom was confirmed. Noah, my sweet little independent, fiercely curious Noah has autism. Or so they tell me. ( "They" being the Center for Children's Developmental Disorders at Georgia State) There has been much discussion and denial....anger and peace...but ultimately, its just a word. It's just direction, on a path that we started when Noah was 6 months old. I won't and will never believe that a label, stigma, or diagnosis will keep this sweet beautiful boy from living the life that God has laid out for Him.  I wish I could wrap him in bubble wrap and protect him from any feelings of inadequecy or inferiority, but instead I will pray they sharpen and define His character, and His dependency on His Creator. That is all any of us  can ask.

Thanks for your sweet words of encouragement and your prayers this last week. I promise to keep you posted in our journey.

Psalm 54:4 Surely My God is my help, the Lord is the One who sustains Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment