Its A Boy's Life

Its A Boy's Life

Thursday, September 12, 2013

We have had a really busy summer! Lots of race-watching and hockey practice. Sprinkler running and playgrounds.  I am way over due on keeping everyone up with our comings and goings. ( Assuming anyone ever reads this) Either way, I can look back and jog MY memory! 

I usually write mostly about the boys, but here is a little update on the adults in this family!
In July, I started grad school! I have gone back and forth about this for years and finally took the plunge. It will probably take me two years, but I am enjoying it so far. Derek swears he didn't know I was such a nerd ( um, really?) And I am proud to say I made a 95 in my first class, woot woot!!!! It is not without some sacrifices, and thankfully the hubs is super supportive, because his time gets cut themost.  I also made a huge work change, kind of.. As of August, I am now PRN, meaning I am not full time or part time OR guaranteed any hours. I am working at the same clinic, but also the Piedmont Mountainside wound clinic. The flexibility is great and I am enjoying a change of scenery, among other things!

As for Derek, well, he dropped a minivan on his foot.  Seriously. He was changing the brake pads on our van when it slipped off the jack and landed on his foot.  Amazingly, he didn't break anything, but has a crush injury, meaning the muscles and nerves have a LONG way to go with healing. And its painful.  He is hanging in there, 4 weeks since the injury and still lots of pain.

Ok, now the boys!  Aidan turned nine a few weeks ago, and all of our parents came to celebrate! He is such a sweet kid and its so cool to see him enjoy my parents and vice versa. God is good to this blended family.  Nathan and Noah have been split up for the first time this year. Nathan is going to three year old prek full time and LOVES his sweet teacher. This kid is hilarious! He insists they call him a different name every day. Not Nathan, its either Batman, Woody or Larry Boy... the best part is he has the kids convinced he is for real :) Future politician? I don't know!

Noah is going to special needs prek.  His teacher is straight from Jesus! No joke, we love her and she loves Noah. Other than Ms Becky, his favorite part is the bus! And he took flowers to "his ladies" that drive the bus just the other day.  He is doing PT, OT, Speech and Music Therapy. And one more shout out to Jesus, Noah finally got approved for the Katie Beckett waiver!!!! This will help cover expenses our insurance doesn't for his therapy.  WOOT!!!!!!

                                                               Dixie Speedway!

 We took the boys to Atlanta Motor Speedway, they were SOOO excited! ( Nathan liked the headphones)
 This is Kyle Busch, he drives the M &M car, and I think that is why the boys love him so!

                                                    Brad is Aidan's number one driver!

No comments:

Post a Comment