Its A Boy's Life

Its A Boy's Life

Saturday, January 28, 2012

This is mine.

I have been thinking alot this week about sharing. One of the things about being a single Mom is that you can't do everything. You just can't. I am blessed to have some sweet people who step in on a regular basis and help me raise my sweet boys. And I am eternally thankful, and humbled, and loved. But, sometimes this is hard. Not just because I hate "needing" help .. ( which is ridiculous, b/c I am not wonderwoman and we are made for community) but because its hard not to always be their number one. To put in hours of work and commute and housework, to have them wake up and ask for someone else...well, sometimes it breaks my Mommy heart. And it brings in the Mommy guilt. Now don't get me wrong, I know truth, I know they are two and they simply want who they want..and they know the routine and who comes when.. but I am human :) Then this week happened.. One night this week, my sweet Nathan who NEVER has trouble sleeping, couldn't go to sleep. He cried and cried.. He cried for ME... He wanted Mommy. I went and got him out of his bed, and sat on the floor with him.. and we snuggled. I sat their, holding him, and I wispered Love you Nathan... and he whispered " love you Mommy" ( it sounded like loooo u mommy) and I thought "This is mine..." This sweet middle of the night, first thing in the morning love... This is mine..

And it made everything ok again.

No comments:

Post a Comment